Friday, October 24, 2008

Sorry Nobody

Hello Imaginary Audience!

For anyone looking at the blog and noticing the lack of updates, I'm just letting you all know it's not dead, just sad and neglected. I'm still involved, but grad school apps and work in general have been distracting me from posting about things. And oh boy, are there things to post about. A brief rundown of my ideas so I don't forget:

-Movement vs. Genre Part II: how modes of address (that define genre) entail certain . Pretty much I want to see if there's a sort of "male gaze" equivalent or analog from Mulvey's film theory in something like a FPS in the way it addresses the player, and how a game like Portal might subvert the "classic male gaze" of a game.

-Park Chan Wook's JSA has a few things going on I wanted to discuss, primarily . These are two different ideas (and possibly two different posts)

-Was going to upload a revised and "bloggy" version of one of my papers for class analyzing the scene from Modern Times in which Charlie Chaplin dances, make it less academic-y and more tied to cyber-digital age stuff I want to talk about.

-Finally, I've had this idea for a long time, and I haven't really been going out of my way to do this but I want to put up some beer recommendations and some reviews of what I find to be good brews.

There, that's a lot on my plate but a load off my mind.

1 comment:

1minutefilmreview said...

Waiting for the review of 'JSA'. :)