Friday, February 27, 2009

New Email, New Post, Ressurect!

Hey...

So yeah, I'm back. Kind of awkward.

Hopefully, someone will stumble across this blog and some of my past musings (that I still find interesting!), but really, I should stick to my guns about these things. Grad School Apps, Job Apps, projects, and general school though tends to kill projects like this pretty fast. Well, when it becomes my god-given JOB to blog once I leave the Brown Bubble (ew, nasty imagery btw), I'll need this baby to keep my academic smarmy pants self from floundering in a real world of inapplicable ideas.

SO WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO...

Tarot - My attitude falls between interesting semiotic exercise and weird mystic premonition. I've got no qualms about something being two things at once (like existence being everything and nothing at the same time), and if anything it impresses the girls ;D

Hellblazer - John Constantine is my new passion since film noir. And he almost is film noir. I mean, he's got the rat bastard, the smoking, the trenchcoat, and the attitude all down pat. All we need is to add some demons to Chinatown, and maybe we'll have something comporable to this great comic book.

RPGs - Yup, the tabletop kind. I like to think RPG almost as "improv for geeks", or perhaps a weird mutation of tribal storytelling. In any case, someday I would like to overanalyze (with maybe a little bit of my tongue in my cheek) some of the implications of a bunch of sweaty, out of shape, and single coca cola addicts* rolling dice together and arguing about Magic Missle. Except cut the Magic Missles, Stupid Tolkien-rip off high fantasy crap, and add a lot of Zombies and Tophats.

Maybe one day I'll update more than Dresden Codak, but until then see you all on the flip side

*note that this actually doesn't describe my current gaming group at all, except for maybe me?

No comments: